Covid-19 Policy Update
On Tuesday evening, March 17th, the CDC recommended that all routine eye care be deferred until further notice, in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 through our community.
As of 12:00 pm 3/18/20 Sisson-Boyer Eyecare has made the difficult decision to reschedule all routine eye examinations.
Please be assured that we are still available to triage all urgent and emergent issues as well as help you with routine matters during this challenging time.
What does this mean?
1) If you are scheduled for your routine eye examination we will tentatively reschedule your appointment after April 13th.
2) If you need to replace eyeglasses or contact lenses and need an extension on your prescription, please contact us and we will assist you until you can come in for a visit.
3) If you are running out of an eye drop medication, please contact us and we can transmit a refill electronically to your pharmacy.
4) If you have an issue which cannot wait for an office visit, contact us and we will schedule a FaceTime, Skype or Telephone appointment with one of our doctors. Medicare has temporarily relaxed its Telehealth rules to allow this type of communication during the pandemic crisis. Other insurers may follow suit and allow for reimbursement of virtual care costs. The consultation must be initiated at your request. Please see more information about our Telehealth Offering here.
5) If you have an ocular emergency we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call our office at 717-567-3103 and wait for instructions at the end of the message. Drs. Sisson, Boyer, Walter and Kibe will address your issue and see you in person or refer to another provider if needed.
6) During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for getting medical care. Do not go to work, school, or public areas. Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
7) Please remember that 80% of COVID-19 cases are mild and resolve within a week. However, if you feel your symptoms are worsening, call ahead before visiting your doctor’s office or emergency department and tell them you have or may have COVID-19. This will help the office protect themselves and other patients.
The CDC has many wonderful resources. Arming yourself and your family with clear information will help you avoid undue stress.
We have asked our staff to reduce hours to match our patient needs and stay home as much as possible until further notice. This is to protect them, our patients, our state, our nation, and our planet. Despite the financial and emotional hardships this will cause, we ask every one of you to do the same.
Together we will weather this storm.
With sincerest wishes for your continued good health we remain at your service.
Drs. Sisson, Boyer, Walter and Kibe
Kristi, Melissa, Ashley, Jocelyn, Sue, Summerlee, Sherry and Katie
Sisson-Boyer Eyecare, LLC
300 Bretz Court Suite 200
Newport, PA 17006
Phone (717) 567-3103